Educational and legal tools are essential for advocacy for those with illnesses and disabilities. Below, you’ll find popular Colorado resources alongside brief descriptions of what they provide.
- The Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition is the statewide organization run by and for people with disabilities.
- Serves the needs of children, families and professionals while addressing mental health, medical, educational, legal and legislative issues.
- NICHCY is a national information and referral center that provides information on disabilities and disability-related issues for families, educators, and other professionals. Our special focus is children and youth (birth to age 22).
- For your Colorado specific help in IEP’s and 504’s. You can also call them if you need an education advocate.
- This is the place to find the actual text of special education laws, information on the latest court battles, and answers to your special education questions.
- Psychiatric Magazines on-line. You can read articles from 8 different magazines.
- The Mental Health Ombuds Program of Colorado is an independent program that provides advocacy, assistance and education for consumers and families enrolled in the Mental Health Capitation and Managed Care Program. Provides technical assistance to mental health consumers and family members. Helps consumers navigate the mental health system. Provides information about eligibility for Medicaid; referrals to other organizations if necessary.